Saturday 30 June 2007

Slow Progress

I’ve wrangled, er, knitted, about 7 or 8 cm of the Blackberry, to a width of about 55 cm. It’s hard, hard work. I was going to make a hat. I got all inspired by the Bakers Boy hat pattern in the paper.

I have realised several things.

- This yarn is totally unsuitable for that pattern.

- Any detailing in such a textured, slubby yarn will be lost.

- I have only just started (re-started) knitting and I already have a UFO.

Much to my surprise, I haven’t just given up on knitting. I must confess I am not a patient person. I like quick results. When god was giving out ‘patience’, I was in the line; but it was taking too long so I left.

I shall try again, with different yarns.

I shall venture off to the yarn shop again to find something more suitable. A girl needs an excuse to shop?

No comments: