Wednesday 11 July 2007

Herye Bee Dragynes


A short break from knitting …

JJ and I took an evening walk yesterday to look for dragons.

You can find dragons just about everywhere, even, if truth be told, inside yourself.

We found this one close by. It’s not very dragonish; more like a grinning foolish puppy.

A couple of blocks away was this slightly more convincing beastie.

Just around the corner from home, this one lurks on the roof ridge. Its tail has a rather frivolous curl. The house resident came out as we were admiring the dragon. She said it was okay to take the photo, and told us of other dragons nearby.


And so we found one - a magnificent example; truly dragonish.

It’s amazing what you can see if you look up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan, sadly, your blog refuses to let me see ANY dragons at all, or maybe I just don't know the secret password???!! Your hats are lovely. I have to knit a hat for my mum too!! Hope you found a bargain in The Black Spot of DoomLight(TM) aka Spotlight!!!

yvette said...

Hi Susan, thanks for stopping by my blog, I love the dragons on the roof, very cool.